If you live here, work here or just visit, you will already know Reading is a great place and at Reading Borough Council we're dedicated to making it even better. Key to this is ensuring our workforce is equipped for the challenge - this is where you come in.
You will be enthusiastic, possess good class management and motivation skills and deliver excellent customer service. A high level of customer interaction is needed for these roles and you will need to be available for evening and weekend classes and day time classes.
We will also accept applications for other coaching disciplines, but will only be able to consider these subject to a position being available.
About the role
In addition to the role of supervision of the swimming pool, you will also be required to undertake general leisure attendant duties, which will include setting up equipment and cleaning of public areas.
The ideal candidate will already hold a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ), or possess the ability to pass this qualification with training provided
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
- Shopping vouchers and money off deals
- Eye care - help towards an eye test and glasses, if you use a computer at work