Do you enjoy working with a diverse range of data? Do you have the business intelligence (BI) skills to take data and turn it into meaningful outputs?
Medway Council is committed to making Medway a place to be proud of, maximising regeneration and economic growth and supporting Medway’s people to realise their potential.
To support this we are looking to recruit a Business Intelligence Analyst, as part of the Regeneration, Culture, Environment and Transformation Business Intelligence Team.
The successful candidate will be able to use their BI skills to enable services within the council to understand the local area and our customers as part of service planning, design and review. We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate their:
- Use of large and varied datasets to tackle complex business problems spanning a range of services or departments
- Ability to produce accurate, engaging and actionable analysis of data using a business intelligence tool (PowerBI, Tableau or Qlickview) to provide insight into user behaviour and needs
- Experience of providing recommendations for action; based on the presentation and analysis of data in easily understandable and engaging ways, such as dashboards and other visualisations to inform decision making.
- Experience of identifying obstacles to improving analytical products (e.g. data quality) and working with other departments to overcome those obstacles
- Ability to lead on the timely and accurate collection and submission of statutory data returns.
- Ability to support the production, review and ongoing monitoring of directorate plans, as required
- Experience of supporting the co-ordination of performance management, quality assurance and business planning processes to drive service improvements
- Experience of managing performance improvement initiatives and needs analysis work across the directorate including consultation and engagement and equality and access
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Assisted car purchase scheme
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please call David Holloway on 01634 332318.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.