The London Fire Brigade’s vision is to be a world-class fire and rescue service. We are the busiest fire and rescue service in the country and one of the largest firefighting and rescue organisations in the world. Our workforce comprises of about 4,500 operational and 1,000 non-operational staff.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and flexible individual to support the Finance Team at the London Fire Brigade.
In this newly created role, you will be working as part of the accountancy team to deliver high levels of service supporting financial accounting, controls and procedures.
Key duties include:
• Processing of bank and other accounting transactions;
• Completion of monthly bank and other financial reconciliations;
• Adhering to financial regulations and controls, and suggesting improvements where necessary;
• Supporting year-end processes and the completion of the annual Statement of Accounts;
• Providing support to the wider Finance team and others including dealing with queries from internal staff, external organisations and members of the public.
You will be:
• A Member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), have an equivalent finance qualification, or have extensive practical experience in an accounting function in a large organisation;
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software particularly Excel and experience of using financial accounting software;
• An effective communicator with the ability to build successful working relationships;
• Task focused with a high degree of attention to detail ensuring that work is completed accurately and to required deadlines;
We value the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities across London. The London Fire Commissioner is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals, irrespective of people's age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances. We have guidance in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability.
For more information and how to apply, please visit our jobs pages at https://jobs.london-fire.gov.uk/jobs/finance-officer-accountancy-frs00285
CLOSING DATE: 28TH OCTOBER 2019