SEN Teaching Assistant
Required for Autumn Term 2019
We are seeking to appoint innovative, ambitious and enthusiastic SEN Teaching Assistants. The successful candidate will play a significant role in the continued development of Downsell Primary, a successful, multicultural, three-form entry primary school and nursery unit situated in Leyton, Waltham Forest.
The successful candidate will:
- be an outstanding practitioner
- be able to supervise and provide particular support for pupils, especially those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- have the highest expectations of learning and behaviour
- bring energy and enthusiasm to the post
- be fully committed to school improvement and help us on our journey to outstanding
We can offer you:
- a vibrant and good school situated in a culturally diverse area
- inquisitive, friendly and aspirational children with outstanding behaviour, who are keen to learn
- a dynamic and dedicated team of leaders, teachers and support staff
- quality CPD
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and the successful applicant must provide satisfactory references and will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure, along with all relevant safeguarding checks.
For an application pack, please apply online.
Visits to the school and informal discussions with the Headteacher are warmly welcome and encouraged. For this and for any other details please contact the Marina Kaloki, School Business Manager on 020 8556 0103.
Closing date: Thursday 31st October - 12pm