We are looking to recruit a self-motivated individual to join our IT Services department at the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead.
Your principal role will be to ensure the processing and coordination of appropriate and timely responses to IT operational support incidents and service requests which ensures support, maintenance, continuity and improvement of all the Council’s end user hardware and business applications.
Within this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- providing a responsive, high quality, efficient and polite first line support service, both from the desk and face-to-face, to all users and partners of the Council’s IT systems and applications.
- primary responsibility for the assignment and resolution of IT operational incidents.
- installing hardware and software on equipment destined for end users in all Borough offices.
- documentation of root causes and implementation of remedies to prevent future incidents.
- detection and reporting of potential problems to IT management team and user base.
We are looking for candidates with strong technical and service competence with extensive experience of working within an IT department.
Strong technical knowledge of both end user hardware and software in the Borough technical environment, including:
- Thin Client
- Thick Client/Laptops
- Mobile/Smart phones
- Tablet Computers
- Remote Access.
Candidates should be aware the role requires the successful candidate to pass an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and hold a valid UK driving license.
To discuss this role further, please contact Lisa Grace, Applications Team Leader, at email@example.com
Closing date: 3 November 2019
Interviews: 14 November 2019