Salary: £41,735 - £51,343 per annum
37 Hours per Week
Are you an experienced Programme Manager with a passion for Regeneration?
Do you have the skills and innovation to bring our ambitious growth plans to life?
About the role:
Thurrock Council are looking for two talented Regeneration Programme Managers to join our Programmes and Projects team. The team is part of the Place Delivery department in the Place Directorate and is responsible for leading the physical delivery of the Council's ambitious growth agenda.
The Council is at the heart of the borough's growth, taking innovative approaches to deliver diverse regeneration programmes across the Borough. The team's project portfolio is high profile and wide ranging, some of our projects include:
- Purfleet Centre - a partnership with a developer to deliver a new town centre comprising 2850 homes, significant community infrastructure and a film and TV studio complex.
- Grays South Regeneration Area - a major regeneration programme including the replacement of a level crossing with a pedestrian underpass, much improved public realm and new commercial and residential development opportunities.
- Community Infrastructure - the design and delivery of Integrated Medical Centres in Tilbury and Purfleet and a new community Hub in Aveley.
- Coalhouse Fort - developing a sustainable business plan for this scheduled ancient monument and planning future development phases to bring the whole site back into productive use.
- Innovative income generation - delivering an expansion of the Council owned business centres.
Projects are allocated across the team based on relevant skills and experience but all team members will be responsible for a number of high profile projects. We would particularly welcome applications from individuals who have experience of delivering large scale residential regeneration schemes and complex infrastructure projects as our schemes in Purfleet and Grays are key priorities for the team with significant resource requirements.
You'll have the knowledge and experience to take the lead on several projects simultaneously, balancing a varied workload and responding to competing priorities on a daily basis. You will be working with various Council departments, professional advisors, contractors and external partners and will be confident taking decisions that drive projects forward whilst protecting the Council's interests.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- ability to plan, deliver and evaluate complex capital regeneration projects
- ability to secure, prepare and manage budgets with multiple funding streams and obligations
- ability to specify, procure and manage full professional teams
- ability to develop and maintain good working relationships across a wide range of partners
- ability to work as a team member and to help to deliver team goals
If you have a track record of delivering complex regeneration projects and enjoy the challenge of taking responsibility for the full project lifecycle then we want to hear from you.
Closing Date: 17 November 2019
Interviews: Planned for week commencing 2 December 2019
Our vision - An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
Thurrock Council is committed to equal opportunities. As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification. We champion flexible working and job share applications are welcome.
We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below: