Receptionist / Administration Assistant
Immediate start possible
(Part-time, Permanent, Salary BG-J SP 3-6 £18,674 - £19,780 FTE – 16.5 hours per week, term time only)
We are looking to appoint a Receptionist / Administration Assistant to join our welcoming and dedicated team in this aspirational primary school, rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, which is part of The Greenshaw Learning Trust.
Wildmoor Heath is a unique primary school, which is at the centre of the community and where the children are at the heart of all we do. This is an exciting opportunity to join our school and we are looking for the right person to join our team.
The post is for 16.5 hours per week, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 0830 – 1400. The role involves supporting the school office with a variety of reception and administration duties.
Our ideal candidate will enjoy working in a busy school environment and will:
- Have good levels of literacy and numeracy;
- Have relevant office administration skills and may have experience in schools;
- Love multi-tasking and be flexible, resilient and resourceful;
- Have a strong sense of humour, kindness and positivity;
- Take pleasure in great communication with both adults and children including the use of email, telephone, websites and social media;
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office, this is essential and experience of school management systems (i.e. SIMS); school payment systems (i.e. ParentPay) and school communication systems (i.e. SchoolComms) is desirable;
- Be willing to assist with pupil first aid (a first aid certificate would be helpful, however, training will be available) would be desirable.
We offer you:
- a welcoming community, with bright, happy children and highly supportive parents and governors. From the moment you walk in the door, you will feel the warmth and happiness of our school.
- an exceptional internal and external learning environment, on the edge of Wildmoor Heath.
- a collaborative learning ethos that promotes teamwork and professional development.
- a highly capable administration team of the Headteacher, School Business Manager, School Secretary who will support you in every way.
Applications close on Thursday 7th November 2019 at 12 noon. Interviews will be held Tuesday 12th November 2019. Applications will be reviewed on receipt and earlier interviews may be arranged accordingly.
The role is available to start as soon as possible. Applications should be made via Bracknell Forest Council website at http://www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/jobs.
This School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
How to Apply
Please download the attached application form and either return it by fax to 01344772034, by email to email@example.com
or by post to:
Wildmoor Heath School
Lower Broadmoor Road
We will only accept applications on Greenshaw Trust application forms, please do NOT forward your CV.
Wildmoor Heath School has joined Greenshaw Learning Trust as part of an Academy - they will be your employer not Bracknell Forest Council.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer. Our aim is to treat all employees and prospective employees with integrity, respect and consideration.
Individuals are recruited, selected, trained and promoted on the basis of ability, job requirements, skills, aptitudes and other objective criteria. We will ensure that no prospective employee or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, marital status or disability, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which are not covered by legislation or existing codes of practice.
Greenshaw Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and expects all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. On your application form, you will need to tell us about any spent convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings which may later appear on your DBS Certificate.
The Local Safeguarding Children’s Board (LSCB) has responsibility for working together to oversee the safety and well-being of children and young people in Bracknell Forest.
Pre–employment medical check
As a condition of the Offer of Employment, the successful applicant will be asked to complete an Occupational Health questionnaire from which our Occupational Health Advisor will assess your medical suitability to do the job. You may be required to attend a medical examination.
On your application form you will be asked to provide the names and addresses of two people who will provide a reference. At least one should be from your current/most recent employer.
Employment references must be provided by your current or most recent line manager and will not be accepted from relatives or people writing solely in the capacity of friends. However, your referees may include someone you know with standing in the community i.e. a teacher, vicar etc.
We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and wherever possible we like to apply for these prior to interview.