About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Full time Resident Caretaker/Gardener (37.5hrs per week). This is a live on site position, providing grounds maintenance and caretaking services to a retirement and leasehold estate in Broxbourne.
Your role as Resident Caretaker will be to:
- Ensure Hightown`s estate is kept clean and tidy, keep ground maintenance to a high standard and carry out minor repairs and cleaning of blocks
The role will require some interaction with residents and some out of hour`s callouts, we are therefore looking for a friendly and approachable individual.
You will also be responsible for purchasing equipment based on the needs of the service and for providing receipts in a timely manner for every purchase made, up to an agreed amount.
We are looking for individuals with previous caretaking/grounds maintenance experience who have good communication skills, have an attention to detail and who demonstrate a compassionate, enthusiastic, and `can-do` approach.
You must be able to:
- Work independently
- Must be able to deliver an excellent level of service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity
- Take a positive approach to supporting others.
It is essential that the caretaker lives on site.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- 45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Free on-site parking
Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
We currently manage over 6,400 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have a turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 500 new affordable homes each year.
To apply for this position please click the `apply ` link below and complete an online application form.
Closing date: Tuesday 12th November 2019
Interview date: Friday 22nd November 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.