Salary: £9,99 - £11,25 per hour
Permanent Casual Contract
0 Hours per Week
An exciting opportunity for a Theatre Technician to join the team at the Thameside Theatre, a 315 seat auditorium sited in the Thameside Complex in Grays Essex. The theatre brings a diverse range of entertainment to Grays including professional and community shows as well as hosting the Christmas Pantomime.
Some of the main duties will include:
- Operation of lighting and sound equipment, film video equipment, computers and software to achieve best customer satisfaction.
- Liaison with management and hirers, recording and documentation as required.
- Maintenance and upkeep procedures and recording faults and breakdowns
- Setting up performance spaces which will include heavy manual lifting and working at height
- Enforcement of appropriate health and safety measures.
You will need to have proven experience in technical theatre as the successful candidate will play a key role in the theatres future development.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Technical knowledge or qualifications in sound, lighting, video projection and stage management
- Understanding and experience of theatre conventions
- Theatre equipment operation and maintenance
- Flexibility to help meet the demands of the business including evening and weekend work
Closing Date: 10 November 2019
Our vision - An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
Thurrock Council is committed to equal opportunities. As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification. We champion flexible working and job share applications are welcome.
We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below: