Sport and Health Development Officer
Salary: £21,955- £29,403 (S4-S6) pro rata
21.6 hours per week
Do you work in sport and health development? Are you interested in a new challenge? If the answer is ‘yes’ read on.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and committed person to help us improve the physical and mental health of our residents and to help make Elmbridge a great place to live, work and play.
We are determined that our residents should have the opportunity to take part in a wide range of physical activities to help support their physical and mental wellbeing. You will play a vital role in making this happen.
Working within the Leisure and Cultural Services team, you will help to deliver and manage a range of physical activity initiatives including healthy walks, community initiatives and projects and monitoring of the GP Referral Scheme.
- Experience of sport and health development work within the public or private sector.
- Continued professional development through recognised coaching\ instructing qualifications (REPS\ CIPFA)
- Experience of working in partnership with a range of organisations in the public, private and \ or voluntary sector
- Experience of delivering sport, health or physical activity sessions for people of differing ages, abilities, levels of fitness and backgrounds.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as a part of a team.
- Understanding and commitment to equity principles.
- First aid at work qualification
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Experience of financial management.
Elmbridge prides itself on being a learning organisation. You will have the opportunity for both professional and personal development through our talent programme and we will work with you to create a bespoke learning and development programme as appropriate to your role.
This post would also have the opportunity to consider learning and development under our apprenticeship scheme to reach the required qualifications.
The wellbeing of our employees is vitally important to us; whether it’s mindfulness, healthy walks or mental health first aid, there are a wide range of opportunities available to you; after all, when you thrive, Elmbridge thrives.
Our careers website (https://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk/) will give you lots of information on Elmbridge and you should also view our LinkedIn page to see examples of our energy, creativity and commitment to our customers.
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Emily Jones, Senior Sport and Health Development Officer on 01372 474570
Closing Date: 28th November 2019
Interview Date: 9th December 2019