Salary: £28,363 - £33,920 per annum
37 hours per week
Are you a Team Manager looking for a new challenge?
We are recruiting a Team Manager to oversee the West Locality Children's Centres that are based in Purfleet, Aveley and South Ockenden. The service offers a multi-agency approach to working with children and families and currently provides a wide range of support services to address social, educational and health needs within the Early Years arena.
The Children's Centre team is highly skilled in supporting children and their families, promoting, and addressing Early Years needs within the community.
We are excited to be developing the offer that the centres offer and developing a strategy to ensure that the Children's Centre's are central to the Early Help offer within Thurrock. It is envisioned that the Children's Centre's will be a key element of the Early Help offer to the community and will become a community resource for all children and families within Thurrock.
We are looking for a Team Manager who has experience of direct work with families, including children and young people. As the Children's Centre Manager, you will
- Support and engage with people and be able to demonstrate a commitment to developing the services offered to the community within Thurrock.
- Be a dedicated and enthusiastic professional who is committed to improving outcomes for children and their families
- Have a solid understanding and background in either early years, education, community work or social care.
- Have experience and knowledge of how to develop multi-agency working and a proven record in supporting the development of services.
- Have line management experience of a multi-disciplinary team and therefore management experience would be desirable.
In return we offer a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Generous pension scheme
- Tusker Car Lease Scheme
- Interest-free loans for green travel such as bikes or public transport season tickets
- Discounted rates for retailers, restaurants, retailers, attractions and experience days
- Employee assistance programme to provide support to employees both at and outside of work
You will need to undertake a full Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: 17 November 2019
Our vision - An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
Thurrock is an exciting place to live and work. We are an emerging cultural and arts centre, home to the production centre for the Royal Opera House and the National Skills Academy for Creative and Cultural Skills. We have retail and leisure that is among the best, with the magnificent intu Lakeside, and breath-taking countryside all around. There is over 1,000 acres of land ready for commercial development and there are likely to be 30,000 new homes built with transport links that can get you into London and other parts of the UK quickly and easily.
We are an area of massive growth; £6bn has already been invested by the private sector in Thurrock. We have seen 7,000 new jobs created, with a further 30,000 anticipated in the next 20 years, and 1,170 new businesses in the borough, with leading centres in ports and logistics, retail and creative industries.
Thurrock Council is committed to equal opportunities. As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification. We champion flexible working and job share applications are welcome.
We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below: