Basis: Fixed Term (12 months with possibility to
Hours per week: 37
Weeks per year: 52
Salary: £30,000 - £33,625
- To give general support and advice on financial and payroll issues to colleagues in TKAT and the academies as and when required to do so.
- To motivate and facilitate teamwork and best practice to achieve excellent standards of service delivery.
- Display excellent organisation skills to better assist the overall Finance team where necessary.
- To undertake the duties and working hours as agreed with the Finance Manager and to carry out any other reasonable duties as may be required and instructed to do so.
Payroll & Finance Duties:
- Liaise with the payroll bureau and internal colleagues to check and run the TKAT Head
- Office monthly payroll, including staff expenses, new starters, leavers, contractual and other changes.
- Ensure all payments are made to the relevant third parties accurately and on time (HMRC, pension providers, etc.)
- Create and post the journal to input the liabilities and costs into the accounting software
- Reconcile the accounting software payroll control accounts to the payroll reports
- Collate the relevant data and complete the annual PSA return for TKAT and each of its academies
- Perform year-end duties to enable accurate creation of the TKAT annual accounts
- Payroll reconciliations for both the payroll control accounts and the profit and loss accounts for TKAT and each of its academies
- Creation of the FRS102 pension workings report
- Other schedules as communicated to you by the Finance Manager
Payroll Migration Duties:
- Liaise with the payroll bureaus and TKAT academies to ensure a smooth migration of payroll provider, including:
- Obtain data from existing payroll providers and format as necessary
- Ensure HR system salary details mirror the live runs
- Check reports from parallel runs and resolve any issues
- Facilitate the ‘go live’ process, ensuring any problems are dealt with promptly
- Provide ongoing feedback and suggestions to the payroll bureau in readiness for future migrations
- Provide on-site training at academies to explain their new system and reports available
- Assist other members of the TKAT Finance team when required and during busy periods.
- Completion of any other ad-hoc duties requested by the Head of Finance or Finance Manager.
Skills & Abilities
- Is highly organised and flexible
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable liaising/resolving queries with non-payroll/financial stakeholders
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A commitment to equality, diversity and community engagement
- Must have the ability to drive and have the use of own vehicle
- Organisation awareness
- Providing professional support
- Communication with internal and external customers
- Working as a team
- Planning, organisation and prioritisation of own tasks
- Being adaptable and flexible
- Self-confidence, resilience and self-discipline