Job Title: HSCB Senior Support Officer
Location: County Hall, Hertford
Salary Range: £20,344 progressing to £22,462 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Contract: Secondment or fixed term contract – 2 years
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Support Officer to provide professional support to the Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Partnership. Specific skills will include:
- Excellent IT skills with knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, and the ability to produce information and reports of a high standard.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to manage competing tasks and priorities and to work within a legal and procedural framework to tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively coordinate high level meetings with HSCP partner organisations consisting of individuals in senior positions
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent record keeping and organisational skills
- Project Management Skills
Please ensure your supporting statement details how you meet the requirements in the above areas.
Please be advised that your office base will be County Hall Hertford, however you will need to travel to other sites for meetings.
For an informal discussion please contact Liz Peters on 01992 588462
Closing date: 24th November 2019 Interview date: 4th December 2019
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Internal Vacancy: This is an internal vacancy and therefore applications from HCC/Local Authority employees only will be considered in the first instance.
Fixed Term and/or Secondment: This is a Fixed Term or Secondment vacancy. If you work for HCC or any other Local Authority and would like to be considered as a Secondment contract, please ensure you complete the attached Secondment Form as part of your application. If you do not, your application will be considered as a Fixed Term Contract only.
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.