About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a part time (20.77 hours) Night Supervisor to join our Young People`s Supported Living Servicein Shenley,Radlett. We are looking for a calm, enthusiastic person who enjoys helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Night Supervisor is to:
- Provide appropriate support to young people.
- Oversee the security of our service and the welfare of its tenants, as a lone worker you will be using initiative and decision making skills on a regular basis.
- Follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
We are looking for passionate people with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the needs of vulnerable young people and communicate effectively.
You will need to be able to:
- Work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working.
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support.
- Be flexible in your approach to work.
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people.
Experience is desirable but not essential.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £9,093 pa based on a 20.77hour week
- Overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Night Supervisor please complete an online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the Night Supervisor job description.
Closing date: Monday 25th November 2019
Interviews : Friday 6th December 2019
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.