About the Role
We currently have opportunities for full time (37.5 hours a week) and part time (22.5 hours a week) Care Assistants at our Registered Care Home in Hoddesdon. Haslewood Avenue is a care home for eight people with learning disabilities, some of whom have physical disabilities and challenging behaviours.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Care Assistant is to provide support and independence and encourage residents to experience the same opportunities which are available to all members of society.
It is essential that you are able to work to a rota.
You do not need sector experience as we provide a structured induction and comprehensive training to support you with your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to peoples needs.
You will need to be able to
- Work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £8.76 per hour/ £17,082 pa based on a 37.5 hour week
- Overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Care Assistant, please complete an online application form.
Care Assistant Job Description is attached below.
Closing date: Sunday 17th November 2019
Interviews: To be confirmed
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.