Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About The Team
The London Borough of Hounslow has a proven track record and long-standing commitment to the delivery of affordable housing and is at the forefront of the new era of building new Council Housing. With an ambitious commitment to build 1,000 new council homes by 2022, as part of our Pledge to secure 5,000 new affordable housing, we now have the following new position:-
The postholder will be responsible for the accurate monitoring and accounting of the delivery of new housing supply, including all capital and revenue programmes.
- Monitor and manage the delivery of the Council’s £400m HRA new build housing programme, ensuring a tight focus on capital spend.
- To report on the expenditure of the new build housing programme on a project basis and as a single entity to reflect a clear audit trail.
- Manage the financial transactions across the acquisitions service including the leasing and landlord incentive and compensation payments.
- Excellent financial management skills to organise and manage complex data to support the delivery of the HRA new build programme.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills to report meaningful data to senior management relating to the financial performance and KPIs.
- An understanding of local government finance and services to ensure value for money.
- Advanced skills of the Microsoft packages particularly Excel spreadsheets.
It is our practice that any offer of employment will be made at the bottom of our pay scale.
Closing date: 4th December 2019
Interview date: w/c 9th December 2019