Assistant HR Officer, Recruitment Team
County Hall, Hertford
Starting Salary: £19,171 pa (pro rata for part time hours/fixed term contract)
Hours: up to 24 per week
Contract: Fixed Term/Secondment Contract until end of March 2020
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant HR Officer to join our in house HR Resourcing Team. This busy and active team delivers a recruitment service across Hertfordshire County Council to ensure that our managers have the best resourcing solutions and attraction strategies to appoint high calibre candidates.
You will assist the HR Officers to deliver an excellent customer service by providing efficient and timely transactional processing support in the end to end recruitment process, which includes:
- Demonstrating a knowledge and understanding of the recruitment market and service specific recruitment needs
- Liaising with, and advising, managers regarding the recruitment process and any live orders
- Liaising with, and providing support to, candidates from application stage through to pre-employment checks
- Using ATS systems to monitor applications and manage pre-employment documents.
- Adhere to recruitment processes as set out by your line manger
- You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of delivering excellent customer service
- You will have highly developed interpersonal skills, demonstrating confidence and professionalism in liaising with managers and candidates
- You will be able to work to high volumes, ensuring work is carried out to a high standard within given timeframes
- You will be proactive and use your own initiative in managing your workload and any additional duties
- You will be able to work as part of a team, supporting your HR Officer and colleagues
- You will be able to demonstrate attention to detail on a daily basis to ensure accuracy of advertising, recording and reporting
- You will need a working knowledge of basic Microsoft software and the ability to learn new programmes as the need arises.
For an informal discussion with regards to this role, please contact Jo King on 01992 556354.
Closing date: 24 November 2019
Interview date: 3 December 2019