As one of the largest housing providers in the UK our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands somewhere affordable to call their own.
We are looking to recruit a Project Surveyor within our Reinvestment department who will have day to day responsibility for managing disrepair claims, the delivery of ad-hoc projects and complex voids within our London region.
The ideal candidate, ideally with membership of RICS or CIOB, will have previous building surveying or construction experience in a similar environment. It is essential that the candidate will have a compelling track record of managing disrepair cases and a genuine passion to deliver excellent works.
You will need to demonstrate strong programme planning & delivery, procurement & contract management skills and an ability to effectively manage budgets. You will also need to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of building construction and relevant legislations, defects identification and have the ability to write technical reports and schedules of works.
We’re looking for a professional who is confident in building strong relationships with our residents, colleagues’ contractors, local authorities, consultants and other key stakeholders.
Candidates must hold a full driving license with access to own vehicle. DBS safeguarding clearances are also required.
This is a permanent position and will be based at our Croydon office.
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
Internal applicants only:
Please apply via the intranet as you will be required to complete a longer application form if you continue. Please check your eligibility to apply.
What’s in it for you?
- Career Development- we provide excellent in-house training to develop your career.
- Pension- You’ll receive up to 10% of basic salary. You contribute from 3% to 5% and we’ll will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave - 27 days plus bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service.
- Birthday leave –You’ll receive a day off for your birthday.
- Buy/sell annual leave –There’s the opportunity to buy or sell annual leave to suit your requirements.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- you’ll have access to our approved cycle to work scheme, giving you the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- Interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We recognise, celebrate and thank our employees for their length of service with us, throughout their career.
- Free Flu Vaccination– You’ll have the opportunity to receive a flu jab in those wintery months.
For Additional information, please download the full JD attached. If the role sounds of interest and you would like to arrange an informal and confidential discussion to understand more about Optivo or the role, please contact TalentAcquisition@optivo.org.uk