6 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension
We’re looking for someone to join the Rents Team as a Rent Officer.
Reporting to a Senior Rent Officer, you'll make a major contribution to our Rents Team, helping to provide effective customer-focused service.
You’ll have accounts or relevant experience and have GCSE or equivalent passes in Maths and English as a minimum. Experience of rents in a medium sized organisation and knowledge of Orchard Housing system is desirable.
Key Duties include:
- Ensuring that all relevant financial controls are maintained and correct procedures followed, complying with current legislation and corporate policies.
- Developing and maintaining good professional working relationships with customers and partners.
- Assisting in the development of the service to improve customer satisfaction and business effectiveness.
- Responding to enquiries and customer complaints and correspondence to service level agreements.
- Working closely in liaison with other Optivo colleagues to ensure that a seamless service is given to customers.
- Ensuring all rent receipts and adjustments from all sources are processed promptly and complete daily bank statement reconciliations.
- Keeping fair rent registrations up to date and applying for new ones as required.
- Ensuring that suspense accounts are cleared on a weekly basis and all items are dealt with appropriately.
The successful candidate will be well organised with a ‘can do’ attitude.
We’re looking for:
- A good communicator and team player
- Experience of working with in rent accounting or relevant experience
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Able and confident to use own initiative
- Accurate with great attention to detail
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to work well under pressure
Travel between sites may be a requirement for this role.
- Pension- We offer up to 10% of basic salary as a company contribution to your pension. You cancontribute from 3% to 5% and Optivo will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave Holidays- start with 27 days plus your bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service and we give everyone a day off for their birthday, which you can you use anytime in your birthday month. We also offer the opportunity to buy extra annual leave and sell what you might not use up.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- Optivo provides access to approved cycle to work scheme, allowing employees the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- We provide interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We like to recognise, celebrate and thank employees for their long service.
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!