Horsham District Council are looking for an IT Engineer to join our Technology Services Team, supporting the technology requirements across the Council providing a technical, professional and customer focused service.
As IT Engineer your background will be in 2nd line IT Technical Support including, desktop and helpdesk environments. You will be experienced and enthusiastic, and have excellent organisation skills, the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, along with excellent customer care skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- New user on boarding and off boarding procedures
- Desktop support
- Helpdesk support
- Taking ownership of support enquiries
- Working alongside 3rd parties
- Providing installation, configuration and maintenance support
- AV support
As IT Engineer you will be involved in controlling, investigating and resolving technical issues, whilst ensuring service is provided quickly and professionally. You will assist customers in person, by telephone and by email in a professional and articulate manner and be able to work to personal and team deadlines and targets. You should have a keen willingness to learn and develop skills and technical knowledge.
Technical Knowledge / Experience:
- Strong Windows 10 knowledge and experience
- Active Directory administration
- Network Knowledge
- Microsoft products including Office 365
- Installing PC’s/upgrading software
- Hardware experience
- SCCM (desirable)
- Microsoft Active Directory group policy configuration and deployment (desirable)
- MDM Experience (desirable)
Horsham District Council encourages and supports professional development and offers a generous benefits package to support your work life balance. This includes 27 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and flexible working arrangements.
Interviews will be held on one of the following dates:
Monday 16 December
Tuesday 17 December
Thursday 19 December.