1 year Fixed Term
At Kingston, we are passionate about our Royal Borough and want to be known as a Council that is an exemplar for citizen engagement. We are redefining the relationships we have with our residents, community groups, businesses, voluntary sector, central government and other partners.
About the role
This role will focus primarily on the data and performance of two service areas, young people participation and the library and heritage service. The role is fixed for one year as it is maternity cover for the permanent post holder.
The main purpose of the job will be to:
- Be part of the team that uploads, manages, analyse, submits, quality assures and reports on data from the CCIS database.
- Compile and present data to assist the Library and Heritage service to inform plans and strategies driving the reading, learning and discovery agenda forward.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to be part of the team responsible for delivering this work. The successful applicant will enjoy working as an integral part of a high performing team, possess excellent communication skills but also have excellent technical ability in database management, data analysis and ICT.
If you can see the potential of data, can use it to provide insight and have the technical ability to analyse and interpret that for others then this is the role for you.
To succeed you will need:
- Data and statistical analytic skills and experience
- Excellent ICT skills together with the enthusiasm, appetite and ability to embrace new technological solutions
- Excellent communication skills and to enjoy being part of a team
- To demonstrate agility and adaptability in mindset and ways of working
- To be able to organise your own work
Benefits we offer
As an organisation that values and nurtures talent, we’re committed to helping you fulfil your potential and will offer you a supportive, friendly and collaborative environment to grow and develop your career and skills. We’re constantly striving to improve our ways of working so putting your ideas across however big or small, will be fully encouraged and supported by your colleagues and our dynamic and experienced management team.
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 23 - 26 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.
If you have any questions about the role please do contact Justine Rego on 020 8547 6035 or email email@example.com. No agencies please.
The Royal Borough of Kingston is Disability Confident Committed. We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role and ensure that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under represented within the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames.
Closing date: 25th November 2019
Interview date: 6th December 2019