Community Support Services
Events and Support Officer
Full time. Salary: £27,646 – £29,403
Are you a conscientious, innovative person who relishes a challenge?
Would you be able to draw on experience to create and promote events and engagement campaigns across a wide range of services?
Would you like to be part of a team making a real difference to the community? If so, we may have the role for you.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Community Support Services team and make a positive contribution to the residents of the borough by taking the lead on organising community events which will include working with community partners. These events raise the profile of the services delivered by Community Support Services. The role will also be involved with promotion of these events and will be very hands on at the events. The role will also evaluate, review and monitor the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and events.
This role will also be responsible for developing and managing the marketing an engagement strategy and plan and planning and developing the division’s training programme.
This role will have line management responsibility for the Publications and Communications Officer, a part time post that produces literature for the Community Support Services departments.
On occasion the role may need to support the managers of the Centres for the Communities with emergency cover.
In addition to the above, the role will also support the Head of Community Support services with producing reports, developing and coordinating projects and meetings, preparing funding applications and reviewing areas of activity.
The applicant will also be required to take an enhanced DBS disclosure
- You are creative.
- You are strong self-starter with experience in organising and delivering events and campaigns.
- You have a passion about promoting the services and activities and have the ability to work in partnership with health, social care, voluntary sector and local businesses.
- Experience in using Publisher and other MS Office packages.
- You can manage multiple competing priorities, projects including producing reports and able to use social media to promote activities
- You can produce detailed reports and evaluation to a high standard
We pride ourselves on placing our customers at the heart of everything we do. This especially applies to our community support team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Seven Centres for the Community
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme
- Independent living centre
If you would like to chat about this role please contact Gail McKenzie on 01372 474537
Closing Date: 3rd December noon
Interview date 9th December