A fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, dynamic, pioneering new Social Services team in Sandwell.
We are reaching the end of our transformation programme and are setting up an excellent in-house service for our clients. Our in-house Solicitors will be preparing and advising on a variety of Children’s cases for our client, Sandwell Children’s Trust, and will be supported by a team of excellent caseworkers.
In the heart of the midlands and 10 minutes train ride from the centre of Birmingham, Sandwell is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and diverse place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to our vision than through a unique and rewarding career with Sandwell? So, if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, this is the role for you.
This role would be suitable for an experienced practitioner who can demonstrate the ability to deal with a complex and demanding caseload, with excellent client care skills and an eagerness to provide a high-quality service to our clients. You will be expected to conduct some advocacy on CMH’s and non complex contested matters.
There is opportunity here for growth and development if you are looking to progress your legal career.
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 30 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 35 days after 5 years’ service
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption, Paternity entitlements and flexible working
- 1,000’s of discounts and savings at 100’s of retailers, online and on the high street, available through our employee benefits scheme
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
If you have any queries about the posts please contact Maria Price, Service Manager and Deputy Monitoring Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week, part time hours will be considered.