New opportunity not to be missed! Horsham District Council are looking for an experienced Elections Manager to work within Legal and Democratic Services. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £36,876 - £40,760 per annum plus excellent benefits!
Every member of staff at Horsham District Council plays a part in supporting our community and keeping local services running. We have a friendly, supportive working environment and are proud to offer our staff training and development opportunities across different departments. We are a small Council and have around 400 employees - this means you really do get to know everyone.
As our Elections Manager you will be responsible for the production of the Register of Electors and all aspects of elections.
You will liaise with and provide advice to the Returning Officer, the Head of Legal, elected members and political parties. Advice will be in relation to the arrangements for and administration of all elections and electoral registration. You will also liaise and comply with all requirements of the Electoral Commission.
What are we looking for in our Elections Manager?
- The ability to lead by example and inspire your team is essential for this role
- A successful track-record of direct involvement at a senior level in all aspects of elections and electoral registration and preferably hold the AEA Certificate in Electoral Administration.
- Detailed and extensive knowledge of the law, practice and procedures relating to electoral registration and the conduct of elections and referendums.
- Up to speed with current issues
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- The ability to prepare complex reports and planning documents and to deliver presentations to various audiences
- Experience of staff management, budgetary control and the use of electoral registration and elections management systems (e.g. Xpress)
- The ability to work to deadlines and to respond successfully to change
Why work for us as an Elections Manager?
Horsham District Council encourages and supports professional development and offers a generous benefits package to support your work life balance.
Our benefits include:
- Enrolment in the generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- 27 days annual leave per year, plus Bank Holidays, for full-time staff (annual leave year 1 April-31 March)
- Flexible working opportunities and family-friendly policies
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Staff benefits platform featuring many discounts from the high street
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised car park season tickets
Horsham District Council operate recruitment under the two ticks/guaranteed interview scheme, whereby we offer interview to candidates who meet the essential criteria for the role if they have a disability or are an armed forced veteran. Please include this on your CV should you wish to be considered under the guaranteed interview scheme.
At Horsham District Council we are committed to the principles of equality and diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to recruit a diverse workforce.
On this occassion we are accepting CVs for this role. Please send these to email@example.com