This department is responsible for housing, communities and improving the lives of local residents. This includes landlord services and estate management, planning, refurbishment, and advice and support to help maintain healthy and safe homes.
A significant part of our work is focused on creating stronger communities, by working together with local residents on recovery following the Grenfell tragedy.
In response to London’s affordable homes crisis, we are committed to building more social housing to help people on lower incomes to live, work, and raise their families in the borough. Our housing team also work closely with affordable housing providers and other agencies to manage homelessness, and give support to older residents to live independently. Find out more about our vacancies here.
At the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, we want to create an area that our residents are proud to live in. Which is why we’re involving our communities from the start. We need to continue improving the quality of our services by keeping our residents at the heart of everything we do. This is essential to rebuilding trust with our residents, because the work you’ll do will impact many of their lives.
As a Service Quality and Improvement Officer, you’ll use resident feedback to drive Housing Management improvements. In fact, you’ll work with colleagues to develop the department’s improvement programme. It aims to deliver and maintain excellent services through customer insight and residents’ opinions. You’ll also co-ordinate any projects needed to achieve this and you’ll become an advocate for best practice, innovation and continuous improvement.
To excel in this position, you’ll bring experience of delivering effective projects that make the customers’ experience positive. You’re also familiar with drafting customer surveys that produce tangible outcomes. This is no easy task, so you’ll need excellent time management and organisational skills to effectively manage a varied and busy workload. But you won’t do it alone, as you’ll have the support of your team. To achieve changes, you’ll need to influence and negotiate so that Housing Management continually improves, so your excellent communication skills will be key.
- Experience of delivering housing management services
- Experience of business process mapping
- Experience of collaborative working with stakeholders to deliver service improvements and change
- Experience of delivering improvements, which result in efficiencies, enhance the customer experience and working processes
- Experiencing of developing, updating and implementing policies and procedures
- Ability to support colleagues to put residents at the heart of everything they do
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to effectively manage a varied and busy workload
- Ability to work effectively to tight deadlines
- Can demonstrate effective influencing, negotiating and advocacy skills to ensure that Housing Management continually improves
- To drive improvements within Housing Management, ensuring that residents are at the heart of everything we do and their feedback is used to make change
- To promote best practice, innovation and continuous improvement across Housing Management
- To work with colleagues to develop effective mechanisms to drive innovation and continuous improvement in order to deliver, and then maintain, excellent services
- Assist with the co-ordination and delivery of the service improvement programme to transform Housing Management
- Co-ordinate any customer insight projects commissioned to understand residents views and improve services
- Act as champion for service improvement and quality assurance across Housing Management, encouraging a constant strive for improvement.
For an informal discussion to find out more about the role please contact: Amanda Johnson on 0207 361 2178.
Closing date: 6 December 2019.