Casual Duty Manager
Whitton Sports & Fitness Centre (TW2)
£10.55 per hour, plus holiday relief pay allowance on top of hourly rate
- Do you have great organisational skills?
- Can you multi-task on the go?
- Are you a confident communicator who enjoys meeting people and giving great customer service?
- Then we need you to join our team!
Where you’ll be working
You’ll be based at Whitton Sports & Fitness Centre, Twickenham School, Percy Road, Whitton TW2 6JW. Facilities here include a floodlit 3g pitch, fitness suite, sports hall, multi-use games area and studio. The centre is open to the public weekdays from 5pm to 10pm and weekends from 9am to 6pm.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be part of our management team overseeing the day to day operation of the Centre, so that it runs smoothly.
- Making sure that all facilities are clean, safe and staffed, so that every customer has a great experience when they visit or contact us, will be a priority for you.
- Duty Managers support with front of house reception work, supervising activities, organising and co-ordinating sports activity programmes, together with Health & Safety duties.
Have a look at the job profile for full details on the varied role you can expect to be doing.
What we’ll need from you
- Good communication and organisational skills are essential for this role. You’ll need to have a sport/fitness qualification.
- A first aid qualification and some relevant experience would also be very desirable.
- You’ll also need good knowledge of Health & Safety and an understanding of Diversity and Equality in employment and provision of service.
This is a great opportunity for students (who may still be studying) and other individuals to gain management experience.
What we can offer you
£10.55 per hour (plus holiday relief pay allowance on top of hourly rate).
We’ll offer you casual shifts which might involve working some daytime or evenings, both during the week and at weekends (depending on the centre). Any shifts offered would be by mutual agreement, so you can always fit work in around your other commitments.
You will become a member of the Local Government contributory pension scheme.
Closing Date: Sunday 15th December 2019. We will contact you by email to let you know if you have been shortlisted or not.
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. It replaces the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).