Are you passionate about making a difference for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities?
Do you have the values, skills and passion to join our team and support us on our journey to transform the delivery of support for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities? If yes, we may have the ideal role for you in Hammersmith & Fulham.
We are looking for outstanding professionals to be part of our 0-13 and 14-25 EHC Casework Teams to support our commitment to deliver a world-class special educational needs and disability service, ensuring improved outcomes for children, young people, and their families.
To be effective in this role you will need a sound knowledge and understanding of the SEND legal framework (Children and Families Act 2014, Education Act 1996, SEND Code of Practice, among others). You will be responsible for managing a caseload of children and young people with EHC Plans in liaison with internal and external partners and be able to deliver statutory casework in a timely manner.
Attitude is equally important to us, so you will need to display excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop the confidence of parents, education settings and stakeholders.
We value our people and take care in creating the right environment for staff to succeed at work. Our employees play a key role in shaping the service priorities, systems, and processes. There is a true sense of pride in Hammersmith and Fulham Council and shared endeavour to make a difference.
This is an opportunity to join Hammersmith & Fulham, a Council with a different perspective on local government. Still not convinced? Our joint local area SEND inspection https://search3.openobjects.com/mediamanager/lbhf/fis/files/10054768_london_borough_of_hammersmith_and_fulham_80497_final_pdf.pdfdemonstrated the effectiveness of our services and local partners in identifying and meeting the needs of children and young people with SEND. This is just the beginning - come join us and help make a real difference in Hammersmith & Fulham.
There are 5 vacant coordinator roles and we welcome permanent/term time/part time flexible working arrangements. Please provide a cover letter outlining how your experience, skills and attitude make you a perfect candidate for the position.
- Coordinate Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessments, annual reviews of EHC Plans and other EHC statutory casework, delivering quality on time.
- Manage a caseload of children and young people with an EHC Plan or undergoing EHC needs assessment.
- Main point of contact for parents or carers and young people on your caseload, including professionals supporting their needs.
- Customer care approach to casework, involving young people and their parents in the EHC process, as well as the timely resolution of concerns.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary network of professionals across Education, Health and Care, facilitating coproduction meeting and discussions to ensure a coordinated approach to meeting needs.
- Analyse and distil professional advice to produce good quality EHC Plans.
- Robust casework and pathway planning to ensure the suitable and efficient use of resources.
- Support SEND disagreement dispute resolution functions, including: facilitating next steps meetings; attending mediation; responding to complaints; support responses to tribunals and implementation of tribunal decisions.
- Maintain effective record keeping, ensuring the timely and consistent update of case
Contact details for an informal discussion: Jack O'Donoghue on 07823668332 or via email: email@example.com
Closing date: 13 December 2019.