We are seeking to recruit Box Office Assistants to join the sales team in providing a high quality customer focused front line service for Reading Arts and Venues. The role is responsible for supporting the efficient sales and enquiry service and event delivery to customers and visitors at The Hexagon, Town Hall, South Street and other venues as required. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the various teams that deliver the events, conferencing, festivals and catering programme at Reading Arts and Venues and other venues as required. The venues have a busy programme of events, and the role will require evening and weekend working.
About the role
Responsibilities will include:
- Making sales via the ticketing system, proactively dealing with enquiries and being the first point of contact with visitors to venues.
- Proactively upselling items such as event tickets, memberships and ancillary merchandise. Use of ticketing system to provide accurate sales and event information to staff, promoters and outside agencies.
- To assist Box Office Manager and Supervisor in organisation of information relating to events, including website, ticketing system and show related paperwork.
- Excellent IT skills, knowledge of ticketing systems an advantage.
- An ability to prioritise work to meet pre-determined deadlines.
- Organisational skills, with the ability to work across sites and with different teams.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate to all departments and external partners.
- Experience of working in a sales/retail environment
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)