At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives.
We develop places with people, not profit, in mind, building homes and communities where people can thrive.
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK and a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations. We’ve over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Project Coordinator – Funding & New Business
Type of Contract: 12 month- Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 36 hours a week
Closing date: Sunday 5th of January 2020
Project Coordinator – Funding & New Business- Overview
Coordinate and deliver Optivo’s Social Impact new project development and external funding activity. Responsible for preparing and delivering new project proposals, business plans and external funding bids.
Working closely across the Optivo Social Impact team and with external funders / co-investment agencies. Identify, sustain and develop new projects opportunities for residents’/ participants’.
Devise and deliver an annual programme of new business development activity and external funding bids/ in consultation with the Head of Partnerships and New Business.
Take responsibility to plan and deliver allocated projects, ensuring that performance targets, milestones and standards of excellence in development/delivery are achieved.
To develop innovative and effective ways of promoting and providing local initiatives to residents and employers in partnership with external funders and local organisations.
- Senior level understanding of Social Impact and service development and resources for young persons’ support service provision; health & wellbeing support services; community services, community assets or social enterprise management.
- Significant track record and working knowledge of funders and commissions in the Social Impact sector at strategic and local level.
- A strong track record of developing and successfully securing external funding support for new projects or service developments.
- Graduate or similar level professional work experience.
- Demonstrable experience of effectively leading, managing, motivating a / multi-disciplined project development team.
- Understanding and experience of new business development for a customer service area (charity or similar community, training, learning service, community facilities).
- Understanding and expertise in housing association or charity sector youth services/employment/ community services business models/funding arrangements
- Senior level knowledge of funding arrangements and external stakeholders
- Experience of measuring & evaluating service performance and social return on investment through a number of tools
- Experience in devising and leading charity fundraising campaigns and activities.
Skills & Abilities
- High quality team leadership skills
- Excellent financial and numerical skills
- Ability to produce and interpret KPIs and service management Information
- Sophisticated communication skills (written & oral ability to negotiate, influence)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organisational abilities
- Customer focused
- Ability to lead and motivate a team and manage customer service excellence and performance
- The credibility, knowledge and networking skills to represent Fresh Visions Charity /Optivo externally at senior manager level including with strategic funders or local and central government departments
- Ability to work effectively across departments/ businesses to deliver shared partnership outcomes
(For Additional information please review the attached JD)
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
As well as this extremely rewarding job, you will also have 27 days annual leave, an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday, company pension, access to a health care cash plan and continued development and career opportunities throughout your employment with Optivo.