We found Sam the right support. Now, he’s finding his feet.
We want to help our most vulnerable residents, with Learning Disabilities, to get their lives firmly on track. It’s why our social workers have the time to get to know everyone they work with. We’re working towards protected caseloads. And we do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
Community Team For Learning Disabilities is a joint team. It comprises both Health and Social Care professionals. The team is Person Centred in approach and individuals are encouraged to make decisions about their own lives. Sometimes, the work is challenging however there is also time for finding creative solutions and every day is different.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To work with people to identify their needs and make referrals for specialist assessments as appropriate.
- Work with people, including advocates and carers, to develop person-centred support plans designed to meet needs in ways that maximise independence, choice and control, and are legal and affordable.
- Work with family carers to identify their needs as carers and to develop appropriate support plans to meet those needs.
- Provide support for the appropriate arrangement and implementation of those plans.
- Participate in safeguarding assessments and planning
- To participate in the “duty” arrangements for the team
You will receive regular supervision and appraisal and be supported to identify and meet your training and personal development needs.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
An individual who is committed to person-centred values, empathetic and respectful of diversity. This person will have some knowledge of Learning Disability and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people. He/ she will have the ability to prioritise and work together effectively with others.
Interviews will be held on 18th December 2019.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Yvonne Griffiths
Job Title: Community Services manager
Phone Number: 01344354466