Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic person wishing to play a leading role in managing the Council's extensive commercial garages portfolio in locations across the Borough.
This is a varied role where you will be responsible for managing the Council's commercial garage portfolio to ensure the efficient and effective use of resources to maximise income and generate capital receipts. You will increase rental income through the robust management and imaginative marketing of the portfolio, ensuring voids are reduced to a minimum and lettings are conducted efficiently. You will ensure maintenance needs are managed and undertake regular inspections of the portfolio. You will also play a key role in identifying sites suitable for redevelopment and in bringing these forward for development or disposal.
About the person
Youmust have a proven track record of asset management, dealing with enquiries inaccordance with the Council's Customer Care Standards. You will have experienceof lettings using standard tenancy agreements, initiating arrangements for thecollection of rents and monitoring of voids. You will be able to carry out siteinspections to assess the condition of the garage portfolio, ensuringmaintenance needs are carried out quickly and the condition of the portfolio isimproved.
The job role will require you to produce statistical analysis of the portfolio performance, reports and briefings, respond to Member's enquiries and carry out data management across the portfolio. You will also be open to developing an imaginative marketing strategy to minimise voids and increase income.
You will work alongside a multi-disciplinary team to identify sites suitable for redevelopment and help in bringing these forward for development or disposal.
You will need to show good attention to detail, analytical skills and a high level of concentration.
An excellent communicator, you will have good customer care, problem solving and IT skills. You will have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
For a full list of requirements please refer to the job description.
Proposed interviews: Week commencing 16 December 2019
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses