At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives.
We develop places with people, not profit, in mind, building homes and communities where people can thrive.
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK and a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations. We’ve over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Type of Contract: 12 month- Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 18 hours a week
Salary: £30,767 pro rata
Location: Sittingbourne, Kent
Closing date: Sunday 5th of January 2020
Interview date: 21st of January 2020
To devise, plan and deliver an annual programme of volunteer activities and projects. Ensuring activities contribute effectively to achieving measureable impact for participants in progressions / outputs/outcomes. Deliver the annual volunteering programme to help achieve the overall Social Impact Team targets /plan.
- Experience of supporting volunteers including debriefing, monitoring and evaluation
- Good interpersonal skills, with experience of communicating with and supporting people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to build and maintain effective and professional working relationships with a wide range of people, including parents and health professionals
- Experience of managing petty cash and paying expenses
- Ability to use Microsoft IT Office IT packages, including competency with spreadsheets.
- Relevant professional qualifications in employment support, community development, community health service delivery, youth work/young persons’ services, health care provision or relevant work based experience of similar experience
- Successfully working with customers and community stakeholders to deliver training and advice activities
- Successfully provided 1-2-1 support, information advice and guidance
- Experience in supervising volunteers and project participants
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Skills & Abilities
- Develop and work in local project partnerships with other agencies/organisations including contracted co-workers/sessional workers
- Ability to prepare precise reports on project activities including performance and financial data and record keeping
(For Additional information please review the attached JD)
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
As well as this extremely rewarding job, you will also have 27 days annual leave, an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday, company pension, access to a health care cash plan and continued development and career opportunities throughout your employment with Optivo.