Youth Support Worker
£18,791 - £20,038 pa pro rata (£9.76 to £10.41 per hour)
7.5 hours per week (over 3 evenings), term time (36 weeks) – plus additional hours are available
Locations across the County
Flexible hours contracts are also available
• Are you interested in working with young people to develop their skills and confidence to enable them to succeed?
• Are you energetic, creative and motivated?
• Are you ready for the challenge of working with diverse groups of young people and supporting those who are vulnerable and at risk?
The priority for YC Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire County Council’s youth service, is targeted prevention and early intervention to ensure that young people get the help they need early and to reduce the necessity for higher cost specialist intervention.
The Service enables young people to succeed by providing high quality informal education opportunities to promote their personal and social development. It supports young people who are challenged in education, their communities or home life to ensure a successful transition to adulthood.
We have Youth Support Worker posts available in most districts and boroughs across the County, in late afternoon and evening projects.
You will deliver programmes providing young people with the opportunity to learn new skills, develop their confidence and self-esteem and enhance their employability, thereby preparing them for adulthood.
We are looking for highly motivated and energetic individuals with some experience of working with young people. We are keen to hear from those with skills, knowledge or experience in sports, arts, media, music, outdoor education, The Duke of Edinburgh Award, health issues or other areas which can be used to deliver informal educational programmes.
YC Hertfordshire is committed to ensuring staff have the appropriate training to deliver a high-quality service, therefore initial and ongoing training is provided. An essential element to this is the completion of the (inhouse) Certificate in Youth Work Level 2, for which you will be paid.
Team locations include:
• Broxbourne (eg Cheshunt, Waltham Cross, Hoddesdon)
• Dacorum (eg Hemel Hempstead, Berkhamsted, Tring)
• East Herts (eg Hertford, Ware, Bishops Stortford)
• Hertsmere (eg Potters Bar, Borehamwood, Bushey)
• North Herts (eg Hitchin, Letchworth, Baldock, Royston)
• St Albans (eg St Albans, London Colney, Wheathampstead, Harpenden)
• Three Rivers (eg Rickmansworth, South Oxhey, West Hyde, Abbotts Langley)
• Welwyn Hatfield (eg Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield)
Benefits available to all employees of Hertfordshire County Council:
• Excellent career development
• Initial and ongoing training and support provided
• Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
• Discounts on everyday shopping / holidays / entertainment / leisure along with cashback with our Herts Rewards Scheme
• Support groups
• Occupational maternity / paternity and adoption pay
• Excellent wellbeing schemes
If you have any questions about the post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: midnight 31st December
Interview date: ongoing, to be advised
Please ensure you provide a supporting statement in addition to your CV.