Littlehampton Town Council is looking for an exceptional candidate to fulfil the extensive role of PA to the Town Clerk, which includes office management and HR support.
The post holder will be in a varied and high paced job environment ensuring the provision of an effective administrative and clerical support service to facilitate the day to day running of the office, as well as comprehensive support for Corporate Management functions.
This involves some of the following:
- PA to the Town Clerk, managing emails, diaries and correspondence.
- Providing administrative support to the Deputy Town Clerk, Assistant Town Clerk and Communications and Marketing Manager.
- Providing a variety of HR admin support.
- Management of the Mayoral & Administrative Officer, Admin Assistants, Receptionist/Clerical Assistants and the Reception service for the Town Council
- Management of venue hire for the Manor House (including weddings) and Community Centres
- Responsibility for data management
Exceptional communication and ICT skills are vital to ensure the role is undertaken effectively. The successful applicant will need to be organised, flexible, able to multi-task and respond well to changing priorities with excellent time management skills. They must be able to work on their own initiative as well as be committed to team working.
If you are interested in this varied and challenging role we would welcome an application from you. Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For further information, contact Zoe Groves, PA to the Town Clerk.
Only completed application forms will be considered for this position and only applicants invited for interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: Monday 9th December 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 17th December 2019