Senior Community Infrastructure (CIL) Officer
£26,999 to 28,785
+ £5,600 annual market supplement (subject to regular review)
Full time – 37 hours per week
Are you looking for a new challenge? If so, Arun District Council are seeking a motivated and driven Senior CIL Officer to join their team. Arun is a District with a vision to be a vibrant and attractive place to live, work and visit. The District features coastal towns, including Bognor Regis and Littlehampton, with their seaside heritage and regeneration schemes, and the historic market town of Arundel, which acts as a gateway to the South Downs National Park.
Arun is undergoing a significant transformation with the recently adopted Local Plan and the introduction of a new CIL Charging Schedule which is anticipated in early 2020. This is an exciting time in Arun and a Senior CIL Officer is needed to help to develop this new process for the Council.
This is a role for someone with great problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail. You will have experience and knowledge of the planning system and CIL Regulations and strong communication and time management skills. This new post will provide an opportunity to take up a challenging and rewarding role. It will be a great opportunity for someone with drive and enthusiasm to really make a mark and take the next step on the career ladder.
You will be based within the Council’s busy and multidisciplinary Planning Policy Team, and in addition, you will have the opportunity to work with a range of other teams across the Council to set up and implement the Council’s CIL processes.
For an informal discussion about the vacancy, please contact Nicki Faulkner (Principal Planning Officer) on 01903 737645 or Kevin Owen (Planning Policy Team Leader) on 01903 737645.
There is also some opportunity for home working.
We offer in return:
- Up to 30 days paid annual leave (subject to continuous service) plus paid Bank Holidays - PLUS Flexi-Time including an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/Christmas Savings/Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including on site exercise classes, free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simplyhealth Care plan
- Training and Development Opportunities
DATE OF INTERVIEW : Thursday 23 January 2020