Do you have previous experience of checking eligibility to work in the UK documents?
Do you have previous experience of office/ HR administration?
Do you have experience of dealing with a high volume of administration with a high level of accuracy?
If so this could be the role for you!
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for 2 full time HR Assistants, Onboarding to provide excellent onboarding experience to all new Employees to Peabody. You will be based in London however travel to other offices will be required. You will join us on a full time, fixed term 1 contract and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £24,000-£26,000 per annum plus benefits.
The HR Assistant Onboarding role:
The new organisation is significantly larger and more diverse, employing over 3,000 people. This is a challenging role, part of a growing business and adding significant value by providing excellent customer service across the new organisation. The role requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the natural ability to network and build effective relationships with key colleagues across the organisation.
Responsibilities of our HR Assistant include:
- Undertake general administrative duties such as: issue new starter documentation, file this information on the employee’s HR Employee Folder, collect right to work from line managers after the interview or request it from new starters before their start date.
- Manage the reference and DBS process, ensuring we have all relevant references and DBS checks in place for Care & Support new starters before commencing their employment.
- Initiate references and DBS checks where necessary prior to joining and work to try and ensure references are completed as quickly as possible
- Trouble shoot discrepancies with reference and DBS providers on status of checks. Initiate preemployment medical checks via the provider portal.
- Be the single point of contact for new starter and responsible for file management and document storage of new starter documents, etc. Work closely with the Shared Services team who will set up new starters on the HR System.
- Update and maintain records on the outsourced systems and Employee electronic folders to ensure that information/data is accurate at the time the new employee joins Peabody including ensuring compliance with necessary checks in line with statutory bodies at the time of joining.
Provide regular updates to the wider HR Team and managers on status of offers and onboarding checks.
- Work closely with the Business Partnering team, Shared Services and L&OD by successfully onboarding a batch of new starters by updating the new starter Induction sheet and liaising with the L&D team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to support our new starters.
What we’re looking for in our HR Assistant:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Understanding of UK right to work eligibility criteria.
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience of Microsoft packages specifically: MS Excel (Intermediate), MS Word (Intermediate).
- HR or L&D administration experience in a fast-paced HR team.
- Project management skills. (Desirable)
- 2 A levels or equivalent
- CPP/CIPD qualified (or a wiliness to work towards this)
Closing date: 9th December -5.00pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our HR Assistant please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST