Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a SAN Engineer to join the team based in Tower Bridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £45,000 - £50,000 per annum.
This is an exciting opportunity, the SAN Engineer has responsibility for capacity planning, product lifecycles, platform optimisation, development and documentation, and the holder will be working alongside Infrastructure Architects to ensure that storage needs are catered for as part of any new implementation.
The SAN Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that Peabody data is solidly backed up using industry leading technologies such as Zerto and Veeam.
Responsibilities of our SAN Engineer include:
- Responsibility for capacity planning, product lifecycles, platform optimisation, development and documentation, and the holder will be working alongside Infrastructure Architects to ensure that storage needs are catered for as part of any new implementation.
- Working alongside the Operations and monitoring teams to ensure that the SANs are effectively monitored for capacity and performance within agreed tolerances.
- Responsible for ensuring that Peabody data is solidly backed up using industry leading technologies such as Zerto and Veeam.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all SAN hardware operations (installations, upgrades, replacements and hardware fixes) run successfully.
- Working with project managers on selected projects to assess feasibility, approach, risks and come up with technical plans and architectural designs to match requirements – providing sound technical solutions and options. To ensure continued stability of the platform, the SAN engineer will participate in capacity planning, and prediction of resource needs.
- From the planning and documentation perspective, the SAN Engineer will ensure that the documentation for storage platforms across Peabody are relevant, up to date and applicable to the business.
- From time to time, the role holder will be required to provide support to Peabody’s IT systems outside of normal office hours.
What we’re looking for in our SAN Engineer:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets.
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organization.
- Strong storage design and management skills.
- Good working knowledge and hands-on experience of administering and troubleshooting NetApp, Compellent, and Tegile Storage platforms.
- Analysis and review of existing enterprise backup solutions, (Zerto, Veeam) working closely with Operations teams within IT.
- Review of technical disaster recovery plans, working with team management to refine and improve as a continuous process.
- Excellent communication skills, both in verbal and written form – a willingness and ability to create and update technical documentation are a must.
- Ability to create run books to allow colleagues to take over day to day backup operations.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- A NetApp Certified Support certification is desirable for this role.
Closing date: Tuesday 10th December 2019
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our SAN Engineer, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST