Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Citrix Engineer to join the team based in Tower Bridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £45,000 - £50,000 per annum.
The Citrix Engineer will be the EUC environments specialist to work within a group of multi-skilled individuals providing scalable, cost effective and fit for purpose IT architecture across Peabody.
You will provide operational support for the Citrix environments, (including configuration, installation, patching/updating and troubleshooting) working with other parts of the IT Team where necessary.
Responsibilities of our Citrix Engineer include:
- To ensure continued stability of the platform, the EUC environments engineer will participate in capacity planning, workload modelling and prediction of resource needs.
- From the planning and documentation perspective, the EUC environments engineer will ensure that the documentation for systems is relevant, up to date and suitable.
- Additionally, the successful candidate will work closely with project managers on selected projects to assess feasibility and approach as well as risks. As part of this, the role holder will be able to highlight risks as well as opportunities for improving processes and solutions.
- Being part of the team, the EUC environments engineer will ensure that that knowledge transfer and training takes place with colleagues in the IT Department. This will include the creation of run books to ensure day-to-day tasks are delegated to the right people from the department.
- The role is part of a multi-skilled team, so there may be periods where the role holder will be covering for other specialists in the team.
- From time to time, the role holder will be required to provide support to Peabody’s IT systems outside of normal office hours.
What we’re looking for in our Citrix Engineer:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organization
- Minimum of five years’ experience managing complex Microsoft environments.
- Three or more years in-depth experience on Citrix Products, especially with XenDesktop 7.x & 6.x, XenApp 7.x & 6.x, and XenServer 7.x, Provisioning Services and its components, installation and configuration, with solid troubleshooting methodology at each components level.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the following technologies: Microsoft Windows client and server Operating Systems, Active Directory, Group Policies, Citrix Profile Management, AppSense, Citrix NetScaler, VMware ESX Server Virtualization, network/server design and topology.
- Applicants should hold Citrix Certified Professional - Virtualization (CCP - V) certification
Closing date: Tuesday 10th December 2019
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Citrix Engineer, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST