FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNERS X2
X1 Fixed term for 9 - 12 months
Full time 37 hours
RG8 (scp 39 - 45) £41,675 to £47,540 pa
PLEASE CONFIRM ON YOUR APPLICATION IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE PERMANENT ROLES OR FIXED TERM OR BOTH.
This role will be sufficiently connected to the Directorate of Economic Growth & Neighbourhood Services/ Directorate of Adult Care & Health Services to generate ideas and create initiatives to the financial benefit of the Council, while being clearly a Finance Function advocate, maintaining independence of thought and action to be able to challenge the directorate as necessary.
About the role
You will be required to:
- Work with the relevant strategic business partner in delivering a high quality finance function in support of the objectives of the directorate and within the budgetary provision made available
- Create and deliver significant initiatives that improve service delivery and save money.
- Support the Chief Accountant in delivering, on time, all annual statutory returns for the Council including the RA and RO submissions
You will be a member of the business partner team, enabling quality decision making, to achieve successful outcomes, providing financial insight in shaping organisational strategy and major transformations to achieve corporate outcomes.
The following experience is essential for this role:
- Business Partnering or equivalent experience.
- Understanding and experience of medium term financial planning, budget setting, monitoring of financial performance and closing of accounts
- Strong communication skills for dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience of Local Authority Finance (preferred but not essential)
- CCAB qualified accountant We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Development and opportunities for career progression across the finance team
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Relocation scheme offering up to £8,000 towards the cost of relocating permanently to Reading (only for approved posts)
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change
Interview Date: week commencing 6th January 2020