Full details - We've set up a dedicated recruitment website for IT and Digital roles, you can learn more about the work we do, our customers, vision, available roles and what it's like to work for us by visiting www.kingston-sutton-digital-jobs.co.uk/
Digital and IT is a shared service between Kingston and Sutton Councils providing digital and technology services to both Councils as well as a number of arm's length companies.
We're committed to delivering great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible. We’ve championed the digitisation of services as well as adopting a ‘mobile first’ model to ensure that this commitment is fulfilled.
About our apprenticeship scheme
We are looking for hard-working, motivated and enthusiastic people to join our apprenticeship scheme. Regardless of your age, previous experience or qualifications (although you must be at least 16 years of age, not in full-time education and meet the criteria outlined below), we’re welcoming applications from those that show potential, determination and a drive to succeed. In return we can give you the opportunity to kick-start your career under the management of our skilled and experienced staff, whilst earning, learning and achieving nationally recognised qualifications at the same time.
This is an apprenticeship within the Commercial team which manages all of our IT commissioning, procurement and contracts, ensuring we get the products and support we need to underpin the delivery of our digital services.
You will assist the Commercial team at various points throughout the entire procurement cycle of products and services, and help identify opportunities for greater cost efficiency while driving up quality of service to the appropriate levels.
You will work with the team to ensure compliance with council procedures and EU Regulation in respect of the procurement of all Digital and IT goods and services. You will assist in negotiation and resolve contractual issues, including failure to meet contractual obligations.
Through this apprenticeship you will learn a varied set of skills, including customer service, contract negotiation, business case development, procurement regulations, and supplier management.
The successful apprentice will study towards a Commercial Procurement & Supply (level 4) qualification as part of your apprenticeship. This will be supported by the attainment of a level 4 Diploma with the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS).
Please note, in order to qualify for apprenticeship funding and be considered for this post you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold A levels or a Level 3 qualification in any subject and be able to present certificates
- Already hold 5 GCSE’s A*-C / 4-9 including Maths and English, or a Level 2 equivalent and be able to present certificates
- Only apply for an apprenticeship unrelated to any qualifications they hold at the same or higher level than the apprenticeship they wish to apply for. The apprenticeship being applied for must be unrelated in subject and content from the qualification already held.
- Not be enrolled on another funded apprenticeship or another funded further education or higher education programme at the time you start your new apprenticeship.
- Have the right to work and study in England and be one of the following:
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) or have the right to abode in the UK and have been resident in the EEA for at least the previous three years on the first day of your apprenticeship.
- A non-EEA citizen with permission from the UK government to live in the UK, (not for educational purposes) and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of learning.
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 23 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.
In addition there are further discounts available to apprentices and more information can be found at the Apprentice Extra website and Apprenticeship Connect website.
We’re extremely proud of our apprenticeship scheme and the achievements of our apprentices, many of whom have secured permanent employment with the Council and continue to excel in their careers.
Please apply online detailing what experience, skills and abilities you can bring to this role and our IT and Digital Service by visiting www.kingston-sutton-digital-jobs.co.uk/