Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Cover Facilities Assistant one based in Parkside Community Centre. You will join us on an annualised hours contract where you are paid to work an average of up to 300 hours over the year, in return you will receive a competitive hourly rate of £12.91 per hour.
The Cover Facilities Assistant will ensure that the Centre is clean and well-maintained and will support daily operations including reporting repairs, providing reception cover and preparing centre rooms for a diverse range of activities and community groups.
You will need to be self motivated, pro-active and be able to work within a team. The successful applicants will act as a cover to support staff shortages at the following site, Parkside (Lewisham), Pembury (Hackney) and Hugh Cubitt (Islington).
Responsibilities of our Cover Facilities Assistant include:
- Carry out tasks in accordance with the cleaning schedule, ensuring that both day to day duties and periodic cleaning are timely and completed to an appropriate standard
- Ensure the appropriate reporting of any issues or problems observed around the building
- Ensure the safe use of specialised heavy cleaning machinery, ensuring all manufacturer’s safety precautions and instructions are followed, and where necessary protective clothing is used. To ensure that all chemicals are correctly used and stored
- Ensure repair and health and safety issues are reported promptly and followed up appropriately
- Provide cover for reception when required
- Complete the required arrangements for programmed activities and room hire bookings
- Participate in relevant Centre projects where required
- Develop positive working relationships with staff and volunteers at the Centre
- Follow Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties
What we’re looking for in our Cover Facilities Assistant:
- Experience and understanding of cleaning in a non-domestic environment
- Ability to prioritise and work on one’s own initiative and with minimum of supervision
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with a wide range of people
- Ability to provide a professional reception service
- Willingness to be flexible
- Able to travel to Lewisham, Hackney and Islington
- Knowledge of COSHH and other relevant Health and Safety regulations
- Customer service experience within a community setting
Closing date: 19th December 2019
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Cover Facilities Assistant, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST