The school is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and experienced School Administrator / receptionist for a small family focused Alternative Provision school located in Islington
Pears Family School is a therapeutic Alternative Provision (AP) school specialising in providing short-term placements for students with complex needs. Due to the nature of our students a patient, caring, and compassionate approach is required.
Our vision is to provide our pupils with the confidence, educational progress and ambition necessary for a successful reintegration into mainstream school. This includes cultivating a productive lifestyle, personal resilience and the values required to become responsible members of society.
Purpose of the Post
To assist in the management of an effective and efficient administrative service and to be the first point of contact for all visitors and callers to the school.
The post holder is required to be flexible in their approach to work, with a positive attitude and will be expected to cover for colleagues when necessary.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following and may be altered at the request of the Headteacher.
- To provide reception and admin duties for the school by being a welcoming first point of contact for all visitors, responding to enquiries where possible or referring to the appropriate member of staff as required.
- To monitor access to the site, ensuring visitors sign in and out and are given badges as appropriate, in accordance with safeguarding procedures.
- To ensure rooms for visitors/meetings are organised and appropriately resourced.
- To ensure all visitors are aware of safeguarding procedures and security and safety issues, including evacuation procedures.
- To maintain a message book, electronic school calendar and organise appointments as necessary.
- To maintain school notice boards and ensure public areas present a professional working environment at all times.
- To maintain suitable stock levels (including first aid boxes) and ensure stationery supplies for school are ordered, received and distributed.
- To answer the telephone as required and deal with answer machine messages. To ensure accurate, timely messages are forwarded to staff in writing (or email).
- To use photocopiers/printers/scanners as necessary and distribute work produced.
- To collate and dispatch papers for meetings in a timely fashion.
- To assist in checking school emails, responding/forwarding as appropriate.
- To provide/distribute letters and reports as required.
- To provide general office skills including photocopying, filing, dealing with post, checking deliveries against delivery notes and re-distributing to the relevant persons and following up discrepancies.
- To administer first aid as required, following appropriate training.
- To assist in the preparation and submission of accident reports.
- To provide admission information to parents and carers.
- To use computer equipment to input and extract data as required.