This is a very exciting time to be joining Network Homes. With over 20,000 properties and a substantial development and sales programme, we never stand still. We believe that good homes make everything possible and are committed to meeting the diverse needs of all of our customers.
This role is to lead a project, which has the following as its goals:
- Map Network’s heating metering and billing process and customer experience
- Design the process for commissioning and signing off metering systems for new build developments and obtain the necessary approvals for it to be affected
- Write the policy for and manage the setting up of new heat accounts, including change of tenancies, to ensure a seamless experience for Network customers
- Manage our relations with third-party billing agents, setting targets for them and holding them to account on delivery
- Identify where remote reading is available and recommend solutions where it is not
- Project manage the retrofit/replacement of heat meters where required
- Put processes in place to ensure availability of accurate monthly bills for credit billed customers and proactively work to reduce debt and debt risk to the business
- Investigate current heat services debt, recommend and progress steps to recover arrears where available
- Provide monthly performance reports to your line manager detailing the income/debt and status of all heat networks and progress on the project.
- Support other heat network project activities and debt recovery actions as required
Knowledge and skills required
- Experience in Energy Management - industry qualification or through track record
- Knowledge of communal and district heating systems and heat metering and billing
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Procurement and contract management experience
- Demonstrable experience of developing and monitoring performance management frameworks and KPIs
- Finance & commercial experience: Must be financially astute with strong commercial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with colleagues, tenants, court personnel, external agencies and tenants’ organisations
- Able to contribute to the development and review of Policy and Procedure regarding housing management matters.
- Ability to meet deadlines and plan and deliver a range of different activities
- Ability to write and present reports to Officers and Committees.
- Ability to validate information and demonstrate attention to detail
- Excellent administrative skills to deal with a diverse workload and ability to organise and prioritise his/her own workload.
- Excellent IT skills across all core programmes and applications, including legal case management systems, including Microsoft Word and Excel packages and ability to be self servicing. Able to extract statistical data from records for monitoring purposes
- Excellent customer focus and a genuine desire to achieve excellence in all areas of responsibility
- Commitment to equality and diversity
For more information on this role, please view role profile.
This is a great opportunity to join us at a time of sustained growth and exciting change for the organisation, when you can have a personal impact on our success. Please apply using the form below, ensuring that you quote the Reference Number and Job Title.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you read the important information for candidates prior to completing your application and refer to our Recruitment FAQs if you require further information about the recruitment process.
We look forward to your applciation.