Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing is one of the UK`s leading providers of affordable housing and care and support services. We employ over 1900 people to manage and develop our large portfolio of nearly 56,000 homes serving over 75,000 customers across London, the East Midlands, Southern and the East of England.
Are you an experienced Development Manager and do you want a new role with new challenges. You will be given the opportunity to progress within a like minded team and work across directorates as you deliver meaningful regeneration.
You will be based in Farringdon working on local projects from inception through to planning and procurement of a suitable contractor with scope to lead suitable schemes through to completion.
You will be an intrinsic and core member of the team acting as a fully fledged Development Manager and contributing towards the progression of new projects that will fit beside current projects in Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire; Hendon, Barnet and in Lambeth. We have a developing pipeline of new opportunities and want to deliver towards our overall target of 2000 new homes a year.
What you'll need to succeed
- A degree in a construction or built environment.
- CIOB or RICS qualified. (Desirable)
- Experience and training in project management.
- ILM, APM or Prince 2 qualification. (Desirable)
- Works in HA, local authority, or a fir which provides considerable support to HA or LA around development appraisals.
- Understands the basics of property valuation
- Works as a Development Manager or equivalent.
- If they are an Assistant Development Manager or equivalent then must have so for 3+ years.
- Have been working in a development role for 3+ years.
Projects and experience:
- Identified opportunities for redevelopment
- Undertaken initial feasibility (due diligence) and financial approvals using pamwin or equivalent
- Has undertaken full options appraisal to determine best option for site
- Has developed board paper for approval to take site to planning
- Has worked with consultants (architect and EA) to submit planning application
- Has undertaken procurement activities in seeking fee quotes for consultancy work (i.e surveys to support planning application)
- Has been involved in resident engagement as part of regenerating schemes
- Is able to work under pressure and to right timeframes Is able to lead a project team Is able to work within a performance management framework
What you`ll get in return
In return, you will be exposed to the fast-paced environment where you can benefit from our comprehensive in-house training to continue developing and utilising your skill set.
We offer great benefits, in addition to generous holiday entitlement we provide:
- Eye care scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes and season ticket loans
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Life assurance with a matched contribution pension scheme
- Plus lots of voluntary benefits including cash back and discounts from high street names
Interview date: w/c 20th January 2020
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, take a look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it's the ideal job for you, click of the following link https://mtvh.octo-firstclass.co.uk/candidates/account/login/93270?aisId=12&rmId=2118&src=3 to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or for more information please call call 0203 5353652.
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
"We are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations."