Do you want to achieve the following aims?
- Improve permanency outcomes for children
- Achieve higher rates of control/cessation of substance misuse
- Provide parents with a problem solving rather than adversarial approach
If so, you may be interested in an exciting opportunity to join the Birmingham and Solihull Family Drug and Alcohol Court Team (FDAC). The FDAC team will be delivering a new DfE funded programme across Birmingham and Solihull.
The Family Drug and Alcohol Court (FDAC) help families where children are put at risk by parental substance misuse. FDAC is a problem-solving court where the same judge reviews the case every fortnight and is supported by an independent multi-disciplinary intervention team. FDAC work focuses on the parents while keeping the child central. Parents are given ‘a trial for change’ that provides them with the best possible chance to overcome their problems. At the same time FDAC tests whether the family can make enough change in a timescale compatible with the children’s needs.
FDAC achieved significantly better outcomes than normal proceedings in an independent evaluation led by Lancaster University:
- More parents addressed their problems by the end of the proceedings.
- 40% of FDAC mothers were no longer misusing substances, compared to 25% of the comparison mothers.
- 25% of FDAC fathers were no longer misusing substances, compared to 5% of the comparison fathers.
- More children remained with or returned to their parents at the end of proceedings. 35% of FDAC mothers stopped misusing and were reunited with their children, compared to 19% of the comparison mothers.
To deliver this, we are looking for a Team Administrator to join our team new FDAC team. You will be part of the exciting journey of innovation and the development of FDAC.
As our team administrator you will undertake all administrative duties required by the FDAC team, including collating statistical information to facilitate reporting to external and internal bodies; preparing invoices and reports; responding to phone calls from referrers and parents and providing administrative support to the FDAC team. The post also includes oversight of IT functions in the offices and the provision of receptionist duties for the FDAC service.
This will be a fixed term contract or a secondment opportunity for 18 months.
Please contact Stuart Lowe FDAC Project Lead for an informal discussion on:-
Mobile Number: 07548713021
Email Address: email@example.com
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 24th January 2020