Join the team at the Harlequin Theatre and Cinema!
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council wishes to recruit an enthusiastic technician to join our multi-skilled technical department based at The Harlequin Theatre & Cinema. This role is mostly focused around the lighting management of the theatre including installation, operation, maintenance and ordering.
The successful candidate will need:
• An excellent knowledge of electronic theatre controls (ETC) products (desks and fixtures);
• Knowledge in electrical system and theatrical power source;
• Previous technical experience, preferably gained in an arts environment, which may include all or a combination of stage, cinema and corporate functions;
• Knowledge of or a willingness to learn aspects of theatre including but not exclusive to: stage management, lighting design, sound design and operation, cinema projection;
• Knowledge of best Health & Safety practice, including but not exclusive to: First Aid, Manual Handling, Electrical safety and Working at Height;
• A flexible attitude to working hours incorporating the need to work evenings and weekends, both of which are frequently required in the position;
• A desire to learn and a proactive approach to work.
You’ll be deploying your skills across a range of tasks that include:
• Working with incoming production teams on all aspects of their production, ensuring a professional standard of show and high level of customer satisfaction is achieved;
• Assistance with the maintenance and hire of equipment for both cinema and live events;
• Attending meetings- both with internal departments and external production teams as and when required;
• Ensuring compliance with Health, Safety and Fire Regulations;
• Assisting with Emergency evacuations.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
For an informal discussion about our technician requirements, please call Tommy Chevrette, Technical Manager, on 01737 276698 or email email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Closing date: 12 January 2020
Interview date: Monday 20 January 2020
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.