At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and supports people. In St Albans, Hertfordshire we work with the Open Door Charity to change the lives of homeless people.
We are looking for two fantastic Waking Night Workers on an 18 month contract who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference to join our well respected team who were recently finalists in the Housing Heroes 2019 awards.
Who we are looking for
We`re keen to recruit individuals who care regardless of qualifications or experience. We care more about you sharing and demonstrating our values, which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
We will give you all the training and support you need to do the role and you`ll be supported by our dedicated managers and colleagues at the service.
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
You`ll be supporting people like Geoff who recently became homeless after losing his job, family and home when everything spiralled out of control. He never ever thought it could happen to him and didn`t know where to turn to for help but that`s where our Open Door service stepped in to give him the safety of a night shelter and one to one support which empowered him to move on with his life.
You will be working with a colleague and will have on-call support through the night to ensure our service is kept safe and secure between the hours of 9.30pm and 8.30am. The majority of our service users retire to one of the 12 self-contained rooms we have in the evenings, so during your shift you`ll be key to making sure the service runs effectively by undertaking duties such as:
- carrying out health and safety checks
- dealing with any emergencies
- recording notes to hand over to the day staff
- undertaking light cleaning duties
- preparing and serving breakfast to residents in the morning
Although the shifts are long, you`ll be part of a rolling rota where you`ll only do 3 night shifts one week and 4 the next.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact us on 01442 292309 or email@example.com
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- Annual bonuses based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Regular reviews of salary and cost of living to ensure you receive above the market salary for the role
- An organisational commitment to employee health and wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary and a workplace pension scheme.
- Ongoing training and support to deliver outstanding support
How to Apply
Please see below for a copy of the Waking Night job description.
Closing date: Wednesday 15th January 2020
Interview dates: Tuesday 21st January 2020
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.