Asset Management and Property Services (AMPS)
Hours: 36hrs per week, Permanent
Salary: £40,136 - £49,543 per annum
Do you recognise the below in your current role?
- Interesting and varied projects?
- Contributing to the community?
- Flexibility to manage work and life?
If not, is it time you considered a new career challenge at a progressive organisation determined to deliver for the community?
Elmbridge’s Asset Management and Property Services team (AMPS) is recruiting and we need an experienced, committed and pragmatic person to help us make a difference in Elmbridge; we need you!
You will be working in the Asset Management and Property Services (AMPS) team which is made up of approximately 20 people in 3 teams; Building Surveying, Facilities Management and Estates.
Our Estates team has 6 surveyors and the Estates Manager role sits within this team.
The portfolio is split into two broad areas, the Investment Portfolio and the Operational Portfolio, which have assets of approximately £100M each.
The operational assets enable us to deliver services and activities administered by the council on behalf of our residents and the investment assets (retail, offices, industrial, residential), are strategic assets held by the council on behalf of the public for either long term investment and revenue income, regeneration/strategic economic benefit, or both.
Your role will be focussed on all aspects of asset management within both operational and investment portfolio, which includes commercial property but also a number of community assets, including commons, cemeteries, open spaces, allotments and recreation grounds.
We have recently released our 5-year Asset Management Plan (2019-2024) and this will form a key part of your role.
As well as having a surveying degree, being a member of RICS and showing us that you continue to develop professionally, you will have experience of,
- property law and landlord and tenant practice,
- valuation practice and investment property markets and trends
- and an understanding of the RICS red book.
You will be equally comfortable working independently as in a team, as well as being,
- committed to quality service
- happy to ‘muck in’ where appropriate
- and appreciative of the value of clear and timely communications.
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Flexibility: And we really mean it! We know you have to juggle work and life commitments and we are happy and open to discussing the right mix for you – just give us a call.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to lunchtime table tennis – the options are there for you.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan.
- The package: Not forgetting our excellent pension and ‘Thrive’ package of employee benefits and discounts with various local businesses. There is also free employee parking.
We encourage you to read more on us (www.elmbridge.gov.uk/joinus and our LinkedIn page) and if you have any queries please give us a call.
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please give Stuart La Frenais, 01372 474215 a call.
Closing date: Monday 20 January 2020 at 12 noon
Interview date: w/c Monday 27 January 2020