Are you an experienced auditor looking for a new and exciting challenge? Is an Audit Manager role the next step in your career? Then Lincolnshire County Council may have the job for you! We are looking to recruit a qualified and experienced Audit Manager to join our award winning Assurance Lincolnshire audit team. Come and join our motivated 15 strong audit team and work in a supportive, friendly environment that aims to make a real difference.
Assurance Lincolnshire is a highly regarded assurance provider to public bodies in Lincolnshire - working across an exciting and varied portfolio of council activities and clients. As Audit Manager you join our team of audit and risk professionals - taking on responsibility for:
- Managing the delivery of internal audit services across a varied portfolio of clients and services of the council
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients
- Project management to meet deadlines and targets
- Planning, review and completion of internal audit plans / engagements
- Overseeing a team of skilled and experienced auditors – having experience to provide coaching and support for the team
- Advising and reporting on high level complex matters with major implications – influencing senior executives to take action to improve the way our clients operate their governance, risk and control arrangements
- Ensure the quality and professional standards are maintained in the delivery of our work
- Working with the Head of Internal Audit to support the effective delivery of the internal audit service – acting as deputy as required
You will be based in Lincoln - but will be expected to be able to work across our client base. A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle will be essential.
The Council is one of the largest county councils in the UK - we are ambitious for both the residents of our county and the people who work for us. We care about the people who work for us and it's important to us that you have excellent work / life balance and an opportunity to further develop your knowledge and skills.
We are offering a competitive salary of £43,662 - £50,430, along with a pension, a comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes, cycle to work, civil service sports council membership and many areas for professional support and development. The Council also has a flexible working policy.
If this sounds like the challenging role you are looking for then please read through the full Job Description (our Audit Manager is known as a Team Leader – Audit) to help you complete the best application possible, before clicking apply.
Please ensure that you provide a full personal statement along with your CV, detailing why you have applied and to show us you have the appropriate skills, knowledge and experience for the position.
If you would like to know more about Assurance Lincolnshire then click on the following link: https://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/assurance-lincolnshire/. If you would like an open and informal discussion on the role then please give Lucy Pledge a call on 01522 553692 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on the 19th January 2020 and interviews will be held week commencing 3rd February 2020.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be expected to produce/deliver a presentation and undertake a case study/test.
Best of luck with your application.