We are looking for a passionate, experienced, and enthusiastic planning professional to join our busy, dedicated Major Applications Team to help support the delivery of Islington Council’s New Build (Housing) programme.
Career Grade Planning (New Build) Officer
To succeed in this role, you will be customer-focused, organised and able to effectively manage your workload with minimal supervision.
You will have the skills and experience to:
- Assess, negotiate amendments to and write up detailed recommendations at delegated and Committee levels on a range of complex minor planning applications.
- Write up appeal statements accurately, applying all relevant planning policies and material planning considerations and to explain complex matters verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to carry out assessment of s73 applications and write up recommendations for those applications relating to major schemes
- Work closely and collaboratively with Senior Planning Officers within the team and with colleagues in the New Build Team and other consultees to help support the delivery of the programme
- Look for and find creative solutions, pay attention to detail and take responsibility for delivering high quality work.
- Work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Work productively with stakeholders including residents, councillors, contractors and other partners.
If this is you then we want to hear from you.
Closing date: 31 January 2020
Interview/ testing date: w/c 10th February 2020
For an informal chat about this role please contact Simon Greenwood on 020 7527 5262.